80g resealable pouch
Pure Spice’s Breyani mix contains Pure Ingredients with No Additives and is Non Radiated.
Ingredients: Anise Star, Aniseed Whole, Bay leaves, Cardomom, Cinnamon, Fennel
BREYANI RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
(serves around 6 people)
- 2Kg Beef, Lamb or boned Chicken or 1Kg Chicken Breast (no bones)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoons ginger paste
- 4 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt OR Coconut cream (1/3 cup water + 3 tbsp Cape Dutch Coconut Cream powder)
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 teaspoons BREYANI MIX
- 2 teaspoon Garam Masala (Try Pure Spice brand)
- 3 teaspoon Curry powder (Use Pure Spice Medium Or Strong Curry)
- 1 tsp Paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sea or Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 dried plums or peaches or apricots or 1 tsp apricot jam (See natural Health brand)
- 1 fresh green chillies
- 1 tablespoons fresh Cilantro
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 3 cups water
- hand full of almond slivers or cashews (optional – See natural health brand)
- Soak rice for half an hour after which you drain the water
- Add 3 cups boiling water to rice and cook for first 10 minutes without a lid and thereafter with a lid, until the water is absorbed and rice is almost cooked / al dante.
- Fry onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Add the meat and brown
- Add cloves, curry mix, garam masala, breyani mix, dried fruit, paprika, salt and pepper and cook a further few minutes with the meat.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes with the meat
- Add yogurt or Milk substitute liquid and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Add green chillies & fresh Cilantro / Coriander leaves
- Layer rice and meat mixture and sprinkle with almonds or cashews
- Put in oven at 350°F for 20 minutes
- Top with extra fresh Cilantro / Coriander leaves